Winter season January 15 – March 21, 2021
Winter is a great time to experience the North Maine Woods. If you like playing outside we have the place to recreate. There are plenty of groomed trails to snowmobile on, plenty of ice to fish, and toasty cabins to relax in.
- For those who travel with their own sleeping bag, towel, and pillow we offer a basic housekeeping plan. Each cabin is equipped with a working propane range and fridge.
- No sleeping bag…no problem…we offer an upgraded housekeeping plan with freshly laundered towels and sheets.
Modified American Plan
- New in 2021 we are offering a hearty north woods style dinner in the main lodge for those traveling together. We are following all Maine CDC and Health and Human Services COVID -19 guidelines.
Winter Recreation Activities
- ICE FISH on Middle or Lower Jo Mary Lakes
- SNOWMOBILE on close-by ITS and local Jo Mary Riders groomed trails.
- CROSS COUNTRY SKI or SNOWSHOE right out your cabin door
- Enjoy a GUIDED SNOWMOBILE OR ICE FISHING EXPERIENCE in the North Maine Woods.
What to expect at Buckhorn Camps during winter season:
- Buckhorn Camps is accessible in the winter by snowmobile, skis, snowshoes, plane (with skis). We are located off ITS 109N, look for our signs. Approximately